Monday, June 27, 2011

The Problem with Kids

I think that in the 11 years I've had kids, the thing that irritates me the most about them, makes me mad the most, and that I really wish there was a good solution to is...


THEIR TOYS!


and their books, clothes, junk they want to save, collections, trophies, socks, trash, wrappers... etc.


Today, I've been going through the boys' room.  Again.  Although they know I'm sorting it out, I have to be on the sly as well so they don't know what I'm throwing away, giving away or planning to sell.  So they do not get to 'help'.


I've done this project at least once a year, sometimes more.  There are so many pieces of things.  Bionicle Parts, Lego sets, etc.  I know that once I sort them out, the boxes will be dumped out again and mixed up and more pieces lost as time goes on.  Then I'll do this again.


The saddest part of it is going through the toys, and remembering when G just HAD to have Grimlock.  I searched up and down to get it on eBay.  Now, it sits in a tub of toys with it's leg missing.  Or, how about the little doo-dad thingy that caused sleepless nights when it was lost in the car.  Now it's forgotten in a box.  All these toys that were SO important, they just HAD to have it, and they loved them.  For a minute.  I know, sounds kinda like Toy Story.


Well, anyway, that's all I have to say about thaa-aat.  Back to filling up my garbage can and running to Goodwill for a donation.

No comments:

Post a Comment