Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Enter At Your Own Risk



I'm calling myself Black Pawn for my blog.  It's the name of a song by one of my favorite bands, Apoptygma Berzerk.  It sounds cool and I like the song.  You say, "Who's that?  I've never heard of them."  I reply, "Yeah, I know.  They're way more famous-er in Europe."

My blog is named The Frayed Ends of Sanity, after a Metallica song.  The name of the song feels descriptive of how life on the earth often feels, as we live in exile, waiting for our future paradise with Christ.

I have been sitting on this blog idea for quite awhile now.  I've wanted to do it, but then thought it would be narcissistic, but still wanted to do it... blah blah...  So, I'm going with it.  Take it or leave it.  I finally figured out that it's something I want to do as a form of thinking aloud.  

Hopefully it will be somewhat entertaining.  I hope to express the human-ness of life in light of the hope of things to come.

Anyway, there's more to come...

Black Pawn
_________________________________________________________________________


(A few lyrics of Frayed Ends of Sanity by Metallica)
Never hunger / Never prosper / I have fallen prey to failure
Struggle within / Triggered again / Now the candle burns at both ends
Twisting under schizophrenia / Falling deep into dementia

Old habits reappear / Fighting the fear with fear / Growing conspiracy / Myself is after me
Frayed ends of sanity / Hear them calling / Frayed ends of sanity / Hear them calling / Hear them calling me

2 comments:

  1. We have similar themed blogs, I think!? :) I like it. I can totally "hear" you writing. I love it! Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could call this "Living in Two Kingdoms". :)

    ReplyDelete